Monday, September 3, 2012

I've Got An Orgone Accumulator - Orgone Bliss

"I've got an orgone accumulator" is the opening line of the Hawkwind song Orgone Accumulator from their Space Ritual album. It got stuck in my head after I played that album at work a few weeks ago. So one night recently I sat down and threw together a mix using that song as not only the starting point but the theme of a playlist mix that goes on for several hours. This is part 1 of what I'm calling the Orgone Series. I always break up the long playlist into CD size chunks and I still burn the mixes to CDs for physical storage and for use in the car.

The mix starts off with the stuck in my head theme of orgone accumulator and Lemmy's crazy bass playing. Most of the songs here have that psychedelic fell and  intense drone present throughout that was set in the opening track. Hawkwind is followed by Can from the early 70s but then the music jumps around various decades and styles. Probably not a lot of familiar music here unless you're into this sort of thing but it make for an interesting late night listen.

The picture is of Hawkwind of course and you can listen to this mix using theink to Mixcloud at the bottom of the page. Part 2 is finished and ready to be posted soon too. It's a little more pop and not as dark but it's got some more Hawkwind to continue the theme.


I've got an orgone accumulator
It makes me feel greater
I'll see you sometime later
When I'm through with my accumulator

It's no social integrator
It's a one man isolator
It's a back brain stimulator
It's a cerebral vibrator




1.   Hawkwind - Orgone Accumulator (Space Ritual Vol. 1, 1973)
2.   Can - Mother Sky (Cannibalism 1, 1980)
3.   The Teardrop Explodes - Poppies In The Field (Kilimanjaro, 1980)
4.   Spiritualized - Lay Back In The Sun (Pure Phase, 1995)
5.   The Pink Mountaintops - Axis: Thrones of Love (Outside Love, 2009)
6.   The Out Crowd - Concentrate (Then I Saw The Holy City, 2006)
7.   The Chills - Pink Frost (Kaleidoscope World, 1986)
8.   The 13th Floor Elevators - Slip Inside This House (Easter Everywhere, 1967)
9.   The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Anoneme (Their Satanic Majesties' Second Request, 1996)
10. Galaxie 500 - When Will You Come Home (On Fire, 1989)
11.  Rick Bain & The Genius Position - I Want To Die (Crooked Autumn Sun, 2000)
12. David Max - Everyone Is An Alien (Simple Psychedelic Pleasures, 2010)
13. Ambulance LTD - Yoga Means Union (Ambulance LTD, 2004)
14. The Black Angels - Black Grease (Passover, 2006)


No comments:

Post a Comment