Thursday, December 15, 2011

You Know What I Mean - Songs 2011


This is my fist mix featuring songs from my favorite albums of 2011. The 60 song mix didn't last very long and I changed this up to be multiple part mixes of about 60 minutes each so it's still 60@60.

This has been a good year and I have many songs and albums to highlight. Of course I started this off with a song from one of the great releases of the year... The Beach Boys' The Smile Sessions. It sets the tone for everything that follows but especially the first few songs.

This is the first 60 minutes of my Songs 2011 series. You can listen to this mix using the Mixcloud link below. The songs are not ranked but are arranged to sound good together.

All albums released in 2011.


1.  The Beach Boys - Our Prayer (The Smile Sessions)
2.  Bon Iver - Holocene  (Bon Iver)
3.  Fleet Foxes - Lorelai (Helplessness Blues)
4.  Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter Here Comes Mary (Marble Son)
5.  Dawes - If I Wanted Someone (Nothing Is Wrong)
6.  The Civil Wars - I've Got This Friend (Barton Hollow)
7.  Middle Brother - Million Dollar Bill (Middle Brother)
8.  Atlas Sound - Angel is Broken (Parallax)
9.  Cults - You Know What I Mean (Cults)
10. Smith Westerns - Still New (Dye It Blond)
11. Girls - Honey Bunny (Father, Son, Holy Ghost)
12. Dum Dum Girls - Bedroom Eyes (Only In Dreams)
13. St. Vincent - Year Of The Tiger (Strange Mercy)
14. M83 - Midnight City (Hurry Up, We're Dreaming)
15. CANT - Too Late, Too Far (Dreams Come True)
16. Radiohead - Louts Flower (The King of Limbs)


No comments:

Post a Comment