Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year Crazy Conservative Uncle

It's 2012 and I'm a sixty something. So I'd thought I'd start the new year post with a nice political rant. I should clarify my use of the "crazy conservative uncle" phrase. I do have some conservative uncles... and probably a few aunts too but I'm not calling them personally crazy. I am calling their views crazy and in particular I am calling their incessant right wing emails that regularly pollute my inbox really crazy. I don't see them very often and inevitably the conversation turns to politics. Over the years that really didn't matter too much but the forwarding email thing of the last five years or so has gone too far. They also liked to forward all kinds of urban myths and false warnings about everything from email viruses, dangerous products and all sorts of weird criminal behavior to avoid in parking lots. If it was just me on their mailing list I could just delete and ignore but unfortunately there are lots of our young family members also getting these crazy emails. I would regularly go to Snopes or one of the other fact checking sites and politely let the offenders know that they were forwarding false information and that often times been disproved many years ago. Often times the crazy false information emails were political in nature.

This week I got one that says basically you can't believe Snopes because George Soros owns it and it is a front for liberals to attack conservatives trying to educate their families with information the mainstream media is trying to hide. So here below is a comment from an uncle I received recently.

"For several years, I have had second thoughts about the Snopes reports. 
This message supports and verifies my earlier suspicions that Snopes
has a left leaning tilt.  I credit the depth of Snopes' analyses.  But the
strains of the left that I recognized prevade their reports.  I"m not surprised
to hear that Snopes is financed by George Soros.  Now I recognize the
Soros agenda in the Snopes reports.  I now see that they are forwarding
the Soros agenda.   It's true that Snopes has been leaning left."


That was his take on the message below


The following email was received today, and the facts are not surprising.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Joe
Many of the emails that I have sent or forwarded that had any anti-Obama in it were negated by Snopes.  I thought that was odd. Check this out.

Snopes, Soros and the Supreme Courts Kagan We-l-l-l-l now, I guess the time has come to check out Snopes! Ya' don't suppose it might not be a good time to take a second look at some of the stuff that got kicked in the ditch by Snopes, do ya'? We've known that it was owned by a lefty couple but hadn't known it to be financed by Soros! Snopes is heavily financed by George Soros; a big time supporter of Obama!

In our Search for the truth department, we find what I have suspected on many occasions. I went to Snopes to check something about the dockets of the new Supreme Court Justice, Elena Kagan who Obama appointed and Snopes said the email was false and there were no such dockets so I Googled the Supreme Court, typed in Obama-Kagan, and guess what? Yep you got it; Snopes Lied! Everyone of those dockets are there.

So Here is what I wrote to Snopes:

Referencing the article about Elena Kagan and Barak Obama dockets:

The information you have posted stating that there were no such cases as claimed and the examples you gave are blatantly false. I went directly to the Supreme Courts website, typed in Obama Kagan and immediately came up with all of the dockets that the article made reference to. I have long suspected that you really slant things but this was really shocking.

Thank You, I hope you will be much more truthful in the future, but I doubt it. That being said, Ill bet you didn't know this. Kagan was representing Obama in all the petitions to prove his citizenship. Now she may help  rule on them. Folks, this is really ugly. Chicago Politics; and the beat goes on and on and on. Once again the US Senate sold us out! Now we know why Obama nominated Elana Kagan for the Supreme Court. Pull up the Supreme Courts website, go to the docket and search for Obama. She was the Solicitor General for all the suits against him filed with the Supreme Court to show proof of natural born citizenship. He owed her big time. All of the requests were denied of course. They were never heard. It just keeps getting deeper and deeper, doesn't it? The American people mean nothing any longer. It's all about payback time for those who compromised themselves to elect someone who really has no true right to even be there.

If you are not interested in justice or in truth, simply delete. However, if you hold sacred the freedoms granted to you by the U.S. Constitution; by all means, PASS it ON! There truly is tyranny afoot.

Some great lines here...  
"Snopes lied"  
"Once again the US Senate sold us out"  
"Folks, this is really ugly" 
"this was really shocking" 
"He owed her big time"
"The American people mean nothing anymore"
"someone who really has no true right to even be there"
"there truly is tyranny afoot"

I went and looked up this accusation that Snopes is funded by that liberal boogieman George Soros and rather than going to Snopes itself I checked several other fact verifying sites and guess what. They too debunked this entire story. The Snopes Soros connection was disproved back in 2008 but of course the clowns now have the Kagan angle to distract from the basic falseness of the story. I like the giving Kagan a supreme court position to pay her back for hiding documents. Yes, birthers. "someone who really has no true right to even be there". 
So this whole thing is a combination kill the messenger and in particular I was one of those persons constantly throwing Snopes in their face. Now they want to say to me Snopes is a Soros lefty site and you can't trust anything they write. This message also stokes the birthers. Yes, my uncle is a birther as of my last conversation with him this past summer. He also thinks Michelle Bachman would make a good president. I really laughed hard at that one. I guess he is really is a "crazy conservative uncle"

It's going to be a crazy new year on the political front.

No comments:

Post a Comment