Saturday, August 30, 2014

Rocked Me On The Water - Decade 2

Rocked Me On The Water - Decade 2. Music from the early 70's that rocked me on the water while I was in the Navy during that time period. Many of the albums I was buying during this time were on the new media of prerecorded cassette tape. I was buying tapes because they were easier to manage on board ship especially during high seas when a record player just didn't work well. I also did not have a work space that I could set up a stereo with a record player so it was tapes for me. I think the first tape I got was George Harrison's All Things Must Pass.

  1. Randy Newman - Sail Away (Sail Away, 1972)
  2. Neil Young - Old Man (Harvest, 1972)
  3. Bruce Springsteen - 4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) (The Wild, The Innocent and The E Street Shuffle, 1973)
  4. Simon & Garfunkel - The Only Living Boy In New York (Bridge Over Troubled Water, 1970)
  5. Cat Stevens - Where Do The Children Play? (Tea For The Tillerman, 1970)
  6. Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Madman Across The Water, 1971)
  7. Jackson Browne - Rock Me On The Water (Jackson Browne, 1972)
  8. Steely Dan - Show Biz Kids (Countdown To Ecstasy, 1973)
  9. Fleetwood Mac - Hypnotized (Mystery To Me, 1973)
  10. America - Riverside (America, 1971)
  11. Grateful Dead - Uncle John's Band (Workingman's Dead, 1970)
  12. Rod Stewart - Mandolin Wind (Every Picture Tells A Story, 1971)
  13. Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey (Tupelo Honey, 1971)
  14. George Harrison - I'd Have You Anytime (All Things Must Pass, 1970)
  15. Derek & The Dominos - Keep On Growing (Layla and Assorted Love Songs, 1970)
  16. Santana - Hope You're Feeling Better (Abraxis, 1970)
  17. The Beach Boys - Sail On Sailor (Holland, 1973)

No comments:

Post a Comment