Saturday, May 2, 2015

Hooting Heads Will Roll - Songs 2009

The first mix of my series on the songs of 2009 from albums in my collection releases that year. This mix was created and posted to my previous blog toward the end of 2009 when I was recapping the year. It was never posted to Mixcloud or to this blog.

I had made some other mixes for 2009 at the time and some newer versions of thoses mixes will be posted as part of this series. This mix is the only one that I kept as I originally made it.

This one has a weird indie rock dance feel to it which I liked.

Pic is Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
  1. Wild Beasts - Hooting & Howling (Two Dancers)
  2. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll (It's Blitz!)
  3. Metric - Help I'm Alive (Fantasies)
  4. Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream (Empire Of The Sun)
  5. Phoenix - 1901 (Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix)
  6. Julian Casablancas - 11th Dimension (Phrazes For The Young)
  7. The Raveonettes - Last Dance (In And Out Of Control)
  8. Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson - Relator (Break Up)
  9. The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - A Teenager In Love (The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart)
  10. The Noisettes - Wild Young Hearts (Wild Young Hearts)
  11. Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears - Bitch, I Love You (Tell 'em What Your Name Is)
  12. PPP - On A Cloud (Abundance)
  13. Yacht - Pychic City (See Mystery Lights)
  14. The xx - Crystalised (xx)
  15. Bat For Lashes - Daniel (Two Suns)
  16. Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is The Move (Bitte Orca)
  17. Neon Indian - Deadbeat Summer (Psychic Charms)
  18. Animal Collective - Summertime Clothes (Merriweather Post Pavillion)
  19. Florence & The Machine - Cosmic Love (Lungs)
  20. The Big Pink - Velvet (A Brief History Of Love)

No comments:

Post a Comment