Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Shine On - Songs 1990

A lot of good music came out in 1990 and this is a collection of some of the songs from albums released that year that spent some time on my stereos. I especially loved The La's and The House of Love and still listern to those albums regularly. The World Party album also got a lot of play as did Sinead O'Connor. The Madchester stuff was fun for a while as was Deee-Lite. I had listened to some of the previous Pixies and Sonic Youth albums but I really wasn't a big fan at the time. A lot of their work grew on me over the years. I discovered Ride a few years later and Sun Dial much later.

The pic is The La's.

  1. House of Love - Shine On (The House Of Love)
  2. The La's - There She Goes (The La's)
  3. The Charlatans U.K. - The Only One I Know (Some Friendly)
  4. Happy Mondays - Kinky Afro (Pills 'N' Thrills And Bellyaches)
  5. Deee-Lite - Good Beat (World Clique)
  6. Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence (Violator)
  7. Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing (Ritual De Lo Habitual)
  8. Pixies - Velouria (Bossanova)
  9. Sonic Youth - Kool Thing (Goo)
  10. Sun Dial - Exploding On Your Mind (Other Way Out)
  11. Ride - Vapour Trail (Nowhere)
  12. Peter Murphy - Cuts You Up (Deep)
  13. Sinead O'Connor - The Emperor's New Clothes (I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got)
  14. Cocteau Twins - Cherry-Coloured Funk (Heaven Or Las Vegas)
  15. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - The Weeping Song (The Good Son)
  16. World Party - Is It Too Late? (Goodbye Jumbo)



No comments:

Post a Comment