Monday, February 6, 2017

Vinyl Spins - Which Side?

Vinyl Spins - Side 1 or Side 2 of an record.
Over the years there have been many discussions and list concerning which album had the best "side" and side 2 of Abbey Road always seemed to be at the top or close by.

I think my favorite album sides may be side 1 of The Clash's London Calling followed by a couple of Neil Young albums.



When I was playing this record the other day I was remembering as a teenager what a huge event it was when The Beatles released a new album. As usual I bought this in 1969 the weekend it came out.

It also reminded me of the Paul is dead rumor that was peaking around the time this album was released.  I was looking at the album and remembered there were some clues on the cover. The figues walking across the street were a funeral procession with John as the religious figure, Ringo the undertaker, Paul the barefoot and out of step corpse followed by George the denim clad gravedigger. Yep, it's all right there and everyone was going through their Beatles collections looking for more clues... "I buried Paul".


No comments:

Post a Comment