Tuesday, October 18, 2011

60@60 - The Intro

This is the next phase of my online conversation with myself that began over twenty years ago. I've had numerous websites, blogs and other online social media activities with many usernames and accounts scattered across the net since the early 90s.

I created this particular blog today as I was thinking about my approaching 60th birthday. I thought this would be a good time to look back on my lifelong obsession of collecting music with a theme of 60. I would put together mixes of 60 songs from various categories and creating lists of 60 albums from each year. Some other lists will be 60 songs from a favorite artist or group. Then I began to think about all the books and movies in my life and the project continued to grow. I also may make lots of 60 word rants about whatever too.

So I eventually decided to have this blog as a home for all that I'll be putting together collected in one place. There will be lists. Lots of lists. Some of these lists and mixes will have shown up in other places such as Facebook, ZeRo, AotM, Last fm, RYM and who knows where including some of my older blogs.

We'll see how this goes. I'm not 60 yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment