Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The list and the rankings

I have lots of lists that will be posted here in the coming days, weeks and months. They really should not be taken as the best of this or that in a particular time period or category but rather as a retrospective snapshot. They are going to be collections of songs or albums or whatever that come to me at this time. They will be things I've listened to or read or seen. They will be things that have affected me in some way. They will be personal.

I will probably have some categories that may seem strange but will always have some personal meaning to me or maybe it just sounds right. I've been making mixes for many years and over time I've collected boxes of mix tapes and shelves of CD mixes. Many have been posted on a couple of different mixing community sites. I also have notebooks of listings and ideas for mixes. These will all be sources of upcoming mixes and lists on this site.

I have strong opinions about music and over the course of time here it will be fairly easy to identify a pattern of likes (and dislikes by omission). Many of the lists and mixes will probably need some comments and explanations. It's all coming soon but I'm not sixty yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment