Thursday, October 20, 2011

Looking Back

I've been thinking about how to do this list thing. This looking back on all this stuff. I think I'll have some ready to put up this weekend.

The mixes that I've been creating for several decades started out as cassette tapes. Looking back on this process I think I started doing it because I hated radio so much. I wanted control of what I was listening to both in the car and at home. I should point out that I didn't always hate radio and I was a very big radio listener in the 60's and early 70's. Then classic rock came along and the corporate takeover of radio. But I digress.

Eventually I moved to using the computer and burning CDs for my mixes. I also began creating CD sleeves with interesting covers and listings of the songs on the CD. It has only been very recently that I've slowed down making CD mixes because now it seems to be much easier to create playlist in iTunes and to play an iPod attached to the car on trips. That leaves me to the idea of the 60@60 concept.

I recently started to create large playlist that were really several of my previous CD mixes strung together in a continuous mix. Some stretched on for many hours and I had them loaded on my iPod. They included mixes of soul, funk, reggae, garage bands, and collections of music from particular decades. The idea of sixty songs was the next step. It's really like taking about three of my standard mixes and putting them together. So these mixes of 60 songs will also be available as sets of three CDs.

There will be no shortage of source material for this blog but putting it up here is another matter.

We shall see. I'm not 60 yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment