Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Vinyl Spins - London Calling

While working up on the third floor the other day I felt it was a good time to spin one of my favorite all time albums. I bought London Calling by The Clash when it was released here in January 1980 and it immediately went on high rotation next to my turntable for many years. Every song was a masterpiece.


Sitting here with this LP in my hands reminded me of the joys of bringing home a newly purchased album, slicing open the edge, pulling apart the gatefold and sliding out the sleeve.  I liked all the information with lots of notes, pictures, comments, credits and lyrics. London Calling was a double album with the lyrics displayed on the sleeves and I sat there reading those song lyrics for the first time in probably at least thirty years… but I knew them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment