Sunday, October 2, 2016

Rocks Off - Songs 1972

The first hour or so of a very long set of music from my collection released in 1972. This first mix focuses on some radio friendly classic rock. Well mostly. You didn't hear much of Big Star and String Driven Thing on the radio at the time but I was spinning those records once I got out of the Navy in 1973.  I was overseas a lot in the early 70's and really didn't get the radio brainwash of many of the hits from the era and I never listened to any of those classic rock stations in the 80's so something like Smoke On The Water can still sound amazing.


  1. The Rolling Stones - Rocks Off (Exile On Main St.)
  2. The Raspberries - Go All The Way (Raspberries)
  3. David Bowie - Suffragette City (The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust)
  4. Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes (All The Young Dudes)
  5. T. Rex - Metal Guru (The Slider)
  6. Big Star - The Ballad Of El Goodo (#1 Record)
  7. The Moody Blues - I'm Just A Singer (In A Rock And Roll Band) (Seventh Sojourn)
  8. String Driven Thing - My Real Hero (String Driven Thing)
  9. Steely Dan - Do It Again (Can't Buy A Thrill)
  10. Yes - Long Distance Runaround (Fragile)
  11. Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water (Machine Head)
  12. Foghat - I Just Want To Make Love To You (Foghat)
  13. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Sweet Hitch-Hiker (Mardi Gras)
  14. Argent - Hold Your Head Up (All Together Now)
  15. Rod Stewart - You Wear It Well (Never A Dull Moment)
  16. Todd Rundgren - Couldn't I Just Tell You (Something/Anything?)
  17. Captain Beefheart - Clear Spot (Clear Spot)
  18. Lou Reed - Vicious (Transformer)
  19. Roxy Music - Virginia Plain (Roxy Music)
  20. The Doobie Brothers - Listen To The Music (Toulouse Street)


No comments:

Post a Comment