Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Vinyl Spins - Peel Slowly


Listening to some Velvet Underground up on the 3rd floor today. Someone tried to peel the banana on this album during a party at my house in 1974. I saw the Velvet Underground perform in a park "be-in" in 1968 a few months after I had bought this record. I was disappointed when there was no Nico on the stage. I was far enough away from the performance that I really don't remember much about it other than the sound system sucked. They were also playing mostly songs from what I would later realize was their new album White Light White Heat and in retrospect I should have got as close to the stage as possible. A few years later I saw Lou Reed at the Main Point in Philly when I was home for Christmas right after Transformer was released in 1972 and then again the following May in Norfolk with that great touring band from Rock 'n' Roll Animal. RIP Lou Reed.

No comments:

Post a Comment