Monday, January 30, 2017

Slow Dance


My favorite slow dance. First danced to this song as a teenager going to the local dances at the schools and Wagner's Ballroom. This was my first dance with Becky at our wedding and also the parents of the bride dance at our daughter's wedding.

Here's a quick list of some other of my favorite slow songs of that time:
  • The Dells - Oh What A Night
    • The Platters - Only You
    • The Heartbeats - A Thousand Miles Away
    • Little Anthony & The Imperials - Tears On My Pillows
    • The Marvelettes - Forever
    • Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Ooo Baby Baby
    • Martha & The Vandallas - Love (Makes Me Do Foolish Things)
    • The Chantels - Look In My Eyes
    • The Moonglows - Sincerely
    • The Five Satins - In The Still Of The Night
    • Lee Andrews & The Hearts - Long Lonely Nights
    • The Pentagons - To Be Loved
    • The Duprees - You Belong To Me
    • The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
    • The Jive Five - My True Story
    • The Dreamlovers - You Gave Me Somebody To Love
    • Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
    • Sam & Dave - When Something Is Wrong With My Baby
    • The Delfonics - La La Means I Love You
    • The Intruders - Slow Drag
    • Percy Sledge - It Tears Me Up
    • The Dells - Stay In My Corner

    No comments:

    Post a Comment