Monday, January 23, 2017

Vinyl Spins - No NY

Vinyl Spins - No New York
Had this record on the turntable today. First time in decades and I got to admit that this one was never in high rotation back in the day or since. It was a compilation album released in 1978 that I picked up a little later while perusing the local record store and hanging out with the clerks talking about music. I gave it a try because it was produced by Brian Eno and had the bands Teenage Jesus and the Jerks, The Contortions, DNA and Mars which were getting some press in the NY underground music scene. One of the odd things about the record was the lyric sheet was intentionally printed on the inside of the sleeve on the original release which made it inaccessible. I tried reading it again today.  This record did introduce me to some musicians I collected over the years... Lydia Lunch,  Arto Lindsay and that sax manic James Chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment