Wednesday, September 2, 2015

I Am The God Of Hell Fire - Songs 1968

This is the first volume of my songs from 1968 collection. As with the other years in these series this is a mix of songs from albums in my collection that have had an impact on my musical taste over the years.

1968 was a particularly important year for my music collection because I had a part time job in a machine shop that enabled me to buy lots of music that year. I was also going to shows every chance I got.

The pic is Arthur Brown and I would see his band the following summer at the Atlantic City Pop Festival. Lots of favorites on this mix. A link below to listen to this mix on Mixcloud.
  1. The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire (The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown)
  2. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Voodoo Child (Electric Ladyland)
  3. The Beatles - Helter Skelter (The Beatles)
  4. The Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil (Beggar's Banquet)
  5. Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild  (Steppenwolf)
  6. The Who - Magic Bus (Magic Bus)
  7. Steve Miller Band - Living In The U.S.A. (Sailor)
  8. Max Frost & The Troopers - Shape Of Things To Come (Wild In The Streets Soundtrack)
  9. Silver Apples - Oscillations (Silver Apples)
  10. The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat (White Light/White Heat)
  11. The Chocolate Watch Band - I'm Not Like Everybody Else (The Inner Mystique)
  12. The Mothers Of Inventionn - Flower Punk (We're Only In It For The Money)
  13. The Animals - Monterey (The Twain Shall Meet)
  14. Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (Single Version)
  15. Deep Purple - Hush (Shades Of Deep Purple)
  16. The Doors - Five To One (Waiting For The Sun)
  17. Procol Harum - Rambling On (Shine On Brightly)






No comments:

Post a Comment